View Single Post
Old 2013-09-06, 12:58   Link #91
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Was there actually a guarantee that they would do the Liberal Arts SS instead of the Silent Party Filler Arc? The only thing that some would claim as "proof" is the vague references to the "large scale field trip" mentioned in Railgun S. But that's just that — in an anime-only viewer's perspective, that "large-scale field trip" may not actually be special, as schools often have multiple field trips and field trips are completely normal.

If Liberal Arts SS is to be slated for an adaptation, it should happen at the start of the third season, where a particular character's debut is actually relevant and is not a throwaway.
That wasn't just any large scale field trip, it was the same name as the field trip they went to LA City for (named like a specific event, can't remember what it was off hand though). I'm not sure why they'd mention it if they intend to permanently skip it. There was never a guarantee it would be in this season though and I'm pretty sure the Febli arc is taking place chronologically before the trip. Maybe they are going to lead the 3rd season with it? They did introduce Misaki and her arc isn't in this season and she was even introduced out of order.

Also because of that character, if they plan to do the next manga arc, they do need to do LA City to introduce her and how she connects to that person. So I don't think they're going to permanently skip over it.

Last edited by SilverTalon; 2013-09-06 at 13:09.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote