View Single Post
Old 2007-06-07, 12:30   Link #32
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemyla View Post
I'm not sure how to phrase this question, but...

I'm just wondering why all the privates have what appear to be pretty much the same kind of device. Is it that most of them prefer the standard? Or do you not get a custom device until a certain rank? And if so, that rank must be pretty low, seeing as how Tea and Subaru had custom ones.
I'm assuming it's standardization, like for most militaries. However, the TSAB seems more lax in the acceptance of custom devices. I'm assuming this is because MOST people don't know how to make their own devices, or simply don't care, and as such the TSAB provides standard issue staves (or for Belka users, spears). for most of the trainees, but lets custom device users train with their own designs, as is the case with Subaru and Teana. Also, the training given to Subaru and Teana in A's to StrikerS indicates that in some sense, custom device users are given slightly modified regiments to better augment their magic style. Afterall, why waste a person's aptitude in a certain specialty by diluting them into generalists?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.