View Single Post
Old 2012-08-30, 17:53   Link #2186
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Spoiler for Major Never7 spoilers:
Yup, it's basically the same mechanic as was already determined in Remember11 speculation but now canon confirmed:
Spoiler for Infinity series spoilers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossNoval View Post
guys, after saw some pages in this thread, i'm just curious
sorry if i ask in the wrong place

my question :
are the whole Infinity series had connections? i've read some web said that all of them have same world and timeline. but are the whole series have story-connections?
i'm not open spoilers or hints about the story cause i myself still not finished playing ever17

why i ask, basically because i want to consider whether to try the other infinity series or not

pardon for crappy english
It shares themes and elements, and 'rules' in one VN's world also apply to other VNs in the series, as they take place in the same world. Never7's final route reveals a phenomenon that explains certain mysterious phenomena in Ever17 and Remember11, for example.

Also, to truly understand the infinity series (especially Remember11), you'll need to view the full timeline, which contains major plot points and spoilers from all three VNs.

As for whether you should play them...my recommendations:
Ever17 -the out of infinity- - Must-read. Considered a classic both among the Japanese VN fan base as well as the English VN fan base.
Remember11 -the age of infinity- - Recommended, and strongly recommended if you loved Ever17. Requires you to pay attention to understand the story, and contrary to the other two games, it leaves a lot of questions unanswered, which was disappointing to many players. Even the disappointed players agree, though, that Remember11 is just a very interesting story even disregarding its mysteries.
Never7 -the end of infinity - Play only if you loved Ever17 and Remember11. It's much closer to an average romance VN than the other two games, and its drama ranges from okay to very weak (which is a problem for a game focusing largely on romance drama). The twists aren't nearly as good as Ever17's and Remember11's, both for not being great mindfucks like E17's and R11's twists and for being too predictable. Still, it shares many elements with the other two games, so at least the initial playthrough and the final route should be interesting if you liked Ever17 and Remember11.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote