Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-12, 06:57   Link #2224
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
To be 100% sure to not be misunderstood, I was mainly talking about Friends.

- You don't need a billion of friends. What's better: 1 person on which you can count on, and that you can trust, or 10 persons that will throw you away like an old rag because, for example you dared saying that you like/watch Animes? I still try to figure how people can call those jerks (the latter) Friends. And the ones that will also throw you away to keep a certain "reputation" in the eyes of the jerks are not less jerk.

- You don't need to be in a rush to make friends, especially if it means to lie/hide things (of course, I talk about harmless things like "being an animes fan") about you, or to do things that you dislike just to be seen as worthy by a bunch of useless intolerants.
Nonetheless, it applies very very aptly to relationships.
"It's better to be alone than in bad company"

If you cannot live life with just yourself and be content with who you are, rather than wanting to seek someone outta sheer lonliness, despair or boredom, then a person is likely to attract the wrong kinda partners.

If there's one thing I'm liking about this thread lately, is that peeps are seeing that the 'finding a partner' isn't so easy as one may think nor is it so 'impossible' either.
It takes hard work to not only approach or take steps to get to the couple stage, but then to learn to live with each other (or get along since most here are still students), takes even more time and energy.

Thus it begins with you.
Being comfortable with who you are as a sole person means most of the work is done.
If you don't like yourself or focus on your advantages and highlight those, then how are other humans meant to see the good in ya then?
If there are skills you feel you lack on, brush up on them, gain confidence and enjoy life in the meantime.

Relationships are meant to 'enhance and enrich' not 'replace' certain aspects of your life that you may feel is missing.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote