Thread: Licensed Sankarea (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-04, 15:12   Link #714
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

This episode was a million times better than the Wanko one. I've always thought of Mero as far more interesting than Chihiro's annoying cousin, and seeing her get more screen time filed me with much glee and delight.

So, what did we learn about her? Well, for one thing, she has an obsession with ghosts, given her choice of nightwear. I also think he actually liked it when Chihiro was dependent on her. She seemed rather aloof when her dad mentioned that. There's a high chance that her mother was also a zombie. This was emphasized more when Rea did the exact same things her mother did and Rea's hand felt cold, not to mention Rea's comment about not being able to feel Mero's body heat.

She has some interesting friends as well. One is also obsessed with zombies, though in a different way than Chihiro, who is a freak, even by her standards. The other girl seems more of an airhead than anything else. Funny how she was reminiscing of ramen when she told about seeing bloody bones and the foul stench that led her there.

Next ep will feature Rea's stepmother. Not sure if I care as much about her as others, but at the very least she'll probably push the story even more forward towards the confrontation between Chihiro and Rea's father.