Thread: StarCraft 2
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-06, 02:07   Link #1207
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There seems to be a lot more things that block "line of sight" this time around. It seems to change some of the tactical considerations based on the three Battle Reports out so far. On the other hand I never played the hot and heavy BattleNet versions of the game with serious players. Only the LAN versions at my frend's house years ago. Typically the two of us verses some bots. I was generally the Terran that liked to have a secure defensive network before going on the offensive while my friend was the Protoss that had moderate defenses and then started trying to beat down the enemy.

I would usually have a massive number of dead in front of my defenses while by army grew, then I would join the Protoss in a two prong attack to take out enemy bases in one or maybe two waves if they had extra heavy units/defenses.

With the changes, it looks like the tried and true "Seige Tank/Bunker/Tower(mines)" defense isn't going to work as much as it did before. Not with things like "blink" and warp-ins using those new ships, or some of the nastier exploding Zerg that probably are designed to take out those old tightly packed choke point defenses from SC1. You know the two side by side bunkers with the two seige tanks behind them and a tower between the tanks. Or the stepped bunker defenses with two then one then two with tanks and towers everywhere to keep out even the most stubborn Zerg and Protoss Force until you can get more troops to the frontline?

I also don't remember us ever having that many gathering units in our bases. I think we tended to stick to one or two units per crystal and three to four for gas.