Thread: StarCraft 2
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-25, 17:59   Link #1212
Nosauz

Live with it... I mean the facts of the software game is that there will be people who will not pay for your product and as long as this is true why fight it when you do fight you only hurt your paying customers? Drm is DRM and this is highly intruisive form of DRM, by completly removing a feature or limiting to them to online only. Also their assumption that everybody has a solid interent connection if they host a lan is ridiculous. Really it's blizzards loss, because I buy lots of their games, 2 wow accounts, 3 copies of both wc3 and its expansion 2 copies of d2 but this stance just makes me think that they only really care about their bottom line instead of developing a game that is made for the consumer. I mean just look at the pay for maps... thats ridiculous, the only reason why wc3 had so many great custom maps was because after people tried out a map, they could tweak them, playtest them, but blizzard here is trying to get profit from map makers and honestly any percentage of that profit goes to blizzard is just bull, it would like paying valve to let us play custom maps.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote