View Single Post
Old 2008-11-20, 11:03   Link #38
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
In anime since the conflict with Ami was nothing big and shrugged off easily without any impact (which at that moment only strengthened the feeling that taiga do not care about Ryuuji that way) but now we get a random, specially in anime, confession coming totally out of the blue.
I do feel that the moment was random(and LOVED it), but not because I think Taiga has no feelings for him. It's evident that her behavior towards Ryuuji has slowly changed. I'm not saying it's 'love', but there IS at least a mutual close friendship that exists. I don't see how the interference of Ami would be THAT big of a deal if Taiga didn't care about him as someone important, but since he IS important to her, that's why she acted like she did. I also think that the moment she got mad at Ryuuji for not understanding why she's competing against Ami was a clear indication of how she felt about him. Specifically to say, I don't think the confession itself was random, but how they implemented it. Even in novel form, I would think that having this big competition where the class is enjoying the 'show' then all of a sudden Ryuuji gets knocked out and Taiga confessing would be random, regardless of how much it was 'built up'.

And on a side note, whats a tyrol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
You have me with you.

1/ Seriously, using buoy to race make the competition becomes pointless, but well it's expectable so i don't mind. Throw objects at other people so hard that they fell down to the pool is a dangerous joke. But strip another classmate's top out then throw it away is really crossing the line.
Try that with real high school student in real life and she will burst in tears and you gonna scar her mentality for life. Ami is just too nice seriously.

2/ She comes along with the trip on her own decision is what i expect. But called the guys (who help her in every way, in every situation) "a dog" right before his and your friends in a such non-joking manner; then see that guy accept it, is a seriously pathetic sight.
1) Like intentionally trying to come on to Ryuuji with the extra intention of making Taiga angry, perhaps trying to take him away from Taiga, attacking Taiga with mental abuse, and/or throwing a girl who can't swim into a deep pool is any better. Taiga doesn't always have the best personality(personally, I don't mind her at any time), but neither does Ami.

2)Read past the obvious words. Everyone at that table knows Taiga's personality, so it's nothing to get up-in-arms about. If this was the beginning of the series, it'd be one thing. That's like saying in Fruits Basket, everytime Kyo gets mad and calls Tohru stupid, he's insulting her. It's obvious that that's his way of showing he cares about her(in which overtime, if Shigure didn't explain it, Tohru already knew it). Same situation.

Last edited by frubam; 2008-11-20 at 11:16. Reason: no double post