View Single Post
Old 2012-08-24, 16:11   Link #46
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maerskian View Post
Anyways, if tihis show has a more comedy/pary approach, definitely would try it ... like shows with echi/misunderstanding gags like the aforementioned Mitsudomoe & Kyou no go no ni or Colorful miniseries , etc... but straight-ecchi series... is something i can't bear to be honest ...
I wouldn't really compare it to Mitsudomoe (haven't seen and don't anything about the others). It's more like...

Well, your typical ecchi series usually goes one of two ways: the kind but clueless male in a harem, or the utterly perveted guy in a harem. It's possible to do interesting things with this set up, if they're engagin with the tropes themselves (such as Kore wa Zombie desu ka? [first season only] or R-15).

B Gata H Kei inverts the trope. Here we have a girl who decides to have 100 "fuck buddies", but she's inexperienced. So she chooses the most dull-looking male she can find to practise... Naturally, the guy has no idea what's happening to him. The result is that two naive and inexperienced teens get together under the worst possible prospects and yet somehow plunder through that "relationship" (which neither of them sees as such at first). This reversal of sex and romance results in a story that takes puberty quite seriously, without ever being serious in tone. It's a very pleasing disjunctive experience. I wouldn't call the series a master piece, but it's refreshingly different. Perhaps on a level with shows like Midori no Hibi (if you've seen that).
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote