View Single Post
Old 2014-04-08, 07:32   Link #713
mweloo

I must say that I've been becoming fond of both Kouki Uchiyama and Kaito Ishikawa recently. Both have an understated, but undeniably compelling/powerful edge to their voices that I don't find in many other voice actors, as talented as they are. Other names worth mentioning, I think, are Ryouhei Kimura and Yoshitsugu Matsuoka.
Asami Seto, Megumi Han and Risa Taneda are quickly rising among the ranks of my favourites as well- their voices are have depth and a grounded quality to them, which makes for enjoyable listening. And while people complain about Kana Hanazawa being overexposed, you can't deny that she's got some serious acting chops. I think her voice is nice, too- it's got a breezy, bell-like quality to it. I haven't really listened to enough of her work to judge her as an actress, but I think Saori Hayami's voice is incredibly beautiful- I'd best describe it as aural candyfloss.
My top 3 remains the same, though: Daisuke Namikawa, Miyuki Sawashiro and Maaya Sakamoto.
PS: I don't suppose there's a thread about VAs who work in anime dubs, is there?

Last edited by mweloo; 2014-06-25 at 01:34.
mweloo is offline   Reply With Quote