View Single Post
Old 2011-01-18, 19:18   Link #51
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
In my opinion, Zabusa is very strong but has not been shown to be that strong in comparison to other characters. It's a fact that we have witnessed a totally different and increased meaning of strength in Naruto Shippuuden/ part 2. Even characters from the first part have increased dramatically and I'm not talking about the new generation here, even Itachi, Kisame, Jiraiya and Kakashi were totally different from before.
I totally agree with this statement! I was just watching through all the old naruto fights and they had a completely different vibe to them than they do now. The best example is Naruto during the chuunin exam. This was the first time naruto actually got smarter in combat and was making multiple good decisions and attack choices as opposed to now where he's all about the Shounin power up syndrome.

I feel like everyone is selling Zabuza short because he got beat by Kakashi before he had MS, but Kakashi almost died both times they fought and didn't directly overpower Zabuza like what happens in these newer fights. There were subtle intelligent choices Kakashi made to place himself in advantageous positions. Now that Zabuza is a Zombie none of the cheats Kakashi used before will work.