Thread: Licensed Tamako Market
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-07, 13:27   Link #185
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
For me, it mostly has to do with the fandom getting so fixated on shipping that it often ends up ignoring other things like atmosphere or theme. I don't mind there being some of it, but when it becomes the primary focus, I just tune right out.
Just out of curiosity, then, do you have any favorite anime romances?

Personally, I like watching a good romance at least once in a while.

Quote:

There are more things that can mark a series as being "different" than its premise. Again, atmosphere, theme, direction, writing - a unique identity can come from any one factor, and it doesn't necessarily need to be premise.
It's possible, yes, but it's less likely now with the premise going from "different" to "conventional".

Quote:

Not to mention all stories go through several revisions. Sometimes ideas sound good on paper, but pulling them off in a way that's entertaining for people to read becomes a challenge. That's just part of what goes into creating art.
Exactly. And KyoAni took the less challenging route. In other words, the less ambitious route.

I still think this will be a good show, but it's disappointing to see that KyoAni had a real chance to go a bit outside of its comfort zone, but whiffed on it.