View Single Post
Old 2008-05-02, 03:50   Link #46
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Oh crap I just realized a typical human can see under a giant Meltran's skirt. *nosebleed*
And for those of us who despise disgusting panty fetishist otaku, we can take solace in the fact that this would be an excellent way for someone to commit suicide.

I think the ones on display are, well, display models; there's probably a shop nearby that sells lingerie and the micronian terrace has ample room for displays at zentraedi eye-level.

Anyway, my Japanese wasn't nearly up to the task of following everything but I managed the gist of it. I do wish the animation had been better in a few parts (particularly the Ranka performance, it wasn't even as well animated as the My Boyfriend Is A Pilot performance and that was already pretty budget), but the content was wonderful. The zentraedi parts were just genius, I loved the image of Klein just sort of chillin', leaning on the balcony with Alto and Sheryl standing on it. I really want subs for a lot of this, though (I don't understand at all what possessed Sheryl with the underwear, seriously.)

Gonna plop a nine on this one - it loses points for budget animation (granted, after those first two episodes they have to trim down somewhere, but still) and a bit of excess sexualization, but gains a ton of points for raw whimsy.