View Single Post
Old 2010-11-16, 15:28   Link #18869
Used Can

Regarding Kinzo, I think things should probably be seen from a different angle. Indeed, he pulled a lot of shit back in the day. He had the Italians killed, he probably got rid of part of his family (they're nowhere to be seen), and he had a child with his daughter. And that's pretty much shit, but I think that, rather than trying to turning him into a saint by overlooking the info we've got or plainly rejecting it, I think the point is to look at the current situation.

Kinzo pretty much became a miserable man and he did try to find some degree of forgiveness from Beatrice. That's probably why we usually saw him crying in those fantasy scenes and the reason why in Lion's world he held that funeral for Beatrice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
My point about the "Maria Ushiromiya" signature is still valid though.
It may be. I used to make the same point before EP7. Both kanji mean the same thing, and they are read in the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
By the two Beatrices, do you mean the Meta and Board Beatrices who talked to each other? If so, I don't think there's any connection, what with the "opposite genders" thing. It's pretty obvious that Zepar and Furfur are Shannon and Kanon.
Yes, I meant the 2 Beatrices who spoke with each other during Battler's trial. I just find it really weird and I'm sure there must be some significance to it.

As for Zepar and Furfur being Shannon and Kanon, I'd have agreed easily by EP6 and I still sort of do, but after the whole unknown gender for Yasu/Lion, I wonder if there's more to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Ever since arc 7 it's hard to see Kinzo as anything more then a bipolar emo compulsive drunkard with a lot of luck. Unless everything is a lie, but ... I'm not buying that.
Dude, you could say this about all the characters. By EPs1-4, most people thought the Ushiromiyas were nice people being treated like shit by a witch, and now we're fully sure they're full of shit to some degree. The servants are quite likely involved in some rather sick game - that, or they're been forced into it. George used to be fat, now he's FAT. Jessica, Gohda and Maria... well... tough luck.

However, the biggest "transformation" was Beatrice, who went from a powerful, calculating amazing witch, to so servant, who is not really well up in the head, has some issue with its body, and has a dubious sex.