View Single Post
Old 2011-05-08, 02:11   Link #8094
Sol Falling

Just began reading Hayate for a couple weeks now...damn, that whole Golden Week arc really bludgeoned me over the head with this manga's awesomeness. I never thought such an absurd moe comedy manga could manage to pull out such an amount of GAR, drama, and tragedy, with so many goddamned likeable characters that I can't help rooting for every one of them. Seriously impressive stuff.

Anyway, yeah the latest chapter drew me over here to see people's impressions. I gotta agree, I'm kinda sad that Wataru looks like he's given up on Isumi. He never took the chance to voice his feelings--Saki's important, sure, but Isumi was really the first impetus which made him decide to try hard and become a better man. He had that determination. Now, it just seems really tragic to me that it is that same goal and determination which has to force him away from her. Like on the journey, along the way, he lost grasp on what he wanted in the first place.

At the same time though, on the other hand, Wataru quitting school is just another example of the awesome capacity for drama and upping the ante that Hata-sensei's writing seems to so often demonstrate. So yeah, still damn impressed here. I've really been hooked on this manga (I like the random moe comedy too).
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote