View Single Post
Old 2012-09-24, 12:39   Link #70
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i really don't mind how long it would take for oda to finish one piece as long as he keeps giving us good quality material and people are still entertained by it. i admit that it does get dull once in a while and op loses its number one position in the shonen jump weekly rankings, when this happens oda usually tries to take back its former spot by coming up with a good chapter the following week. he quickens the pace a bit and starts revealing some key aspects to the story arc. that's what i have observed anyway, of course i have no proof of this whatsoever. but my point is, oda may seem like the type who doesn't like to rush things but he is also a professional writer/artist in a very competitive industry, so sometimes he might need to quicken his pace a bit and come up with something awesome if he wants to keep his spot. maintaining the number one spot in the manga rankings is hard work, after all.
Obviously it gets number 1 position during the boss battles,and then looses the spot during the end of the arc.

The story has to be developed somehow.I also don't care how long it takes for Oda to finish the series as long as it makes sense,unlike Bleach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Maybe he should not bother with movies and concentrate more on the manga.
Or maybe not ?Since with OP's popularity in Japan he's getting lots of money.