View Single Post
Old 2013-10-12, 10:50   Link #1115
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Well, this is conjecture, but I get a feeling that magius can NOT produce another magius offspring

I think the episode strongly implies that happened to Amadeus is that he was jacked, and he is no longer Amadeus now. He is now Mirco. So it's more a body transfer. With that in mind, The actual number of magius remain the same. It's still a 101 person council. I think this is why Cain is so excited about Valvraves, because Valvraves can turn people into Magius. Thus they can finally "sustain their race"

That being said, I think there's still the possibility for a Magius to have a normal human offspring.
And the implication is that the child in the future is human
I'm no sure that this was a body swap even with Amadeus. I've said my reasons in another thread, but I just though of another, while thinking more about it. What if the Fuehrer is like the Pope in that he takes another name when he takes up the role? What if Mirko was the guy's real name before becoming the Dorssian leader and then took up the name Amadeus? This is especially indicated by the fact that the guy's full name is Amadeus K. Dorssia. "Dorssia" was his real last name the entire time, especially when it was said he staged a coup a decade ago?
I suppose it's possible, like with Lelouch's last name being "Britannia", but it does indicate other possibilities.

I think you may sort of be right with the whole children thing though. Though the council doesn't seem that concerned about procreating. They turned Amadeus simply because they couldn't trust him to do what they told him to do anymore. It was more of a punishment then any sort of push to procreate.

Also, if the council of the 101 are the ruling body of the Magius, then that means there are others under their ruler-ship other than the humans. There are other Magius out there then simply this 101. How many more, we don't know. There are female and male Magius, so they shouldn't have a problem procreating. However, it is possible that they are infertile and that their species procreate like viruses or parasites, in that they turn others into themselves to make more of themselves.

However, that calls into question Haruto's sex drive as a Magius. It's obvious that he wasn't after runes or any such thing when it came to Saki. He didn't try to bite her neck or anything, but was distinctly after something totally different. This would indicate that Haruto, at least at his level, has the drive and potential to procreate as a Magius. Now if this is something that is unique to Haruto, I can see why the pair Prue and Pino are so important to the Magius, and why Haruto would be important as well. If Pino, as a female progenitor of the Magius species is one of the only ones capable of making fertile Magius capable of procreation, then she's got to be priority number one on Magius to-do list.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu