View Single Post
Old 2013-05-20, 15:07   Link #32347
Dormin

Quote:
Killing people for the gold only works if you're an idiot who doesn't know the fundamental basics of economics and judicial procedure. Gold can't be an incentive unless everyone on the island is retarded.
The fact of "gold not being money" is probably already discussed to death, but let's go anyway.

You are right. You make very rational arguments. However concerning the gold, we have lots of examples from kinzo how gold was not actually used as direct money but as a way to maintain the front of rich and powerful family. I don't think wisely used at least all gold should be transferred to money (also being probably impossible, as you stated). This way, and I don't believe it even can be denied, gold always has a certain charm. Even the word "gold" speaks of godly wealth and riches. The desire to obtain this, even if not logical, exists. And people on the island were desperate and struggling with money related problems.

But as I stated, your points are very valid. That's why I stated that I believe any murders in prime were probably very impulsive. Maybe the point of the murders wasn't in reality even the gold, but hatred or accidents or whatever caused a cycle of death. I could see the gold as a possible catalyst in this reaction, even if not being very logical.
Dormin is offline   Reply With Quote