View Single Post
Old 2013-05-20, 17:45   Link #32353
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Yeah but the adults need the money relatively quickly, and again, the problem always remains that you need everyone on board for this sort of thing, so only absolute mutual cooperation and everybody getting their cut can make sure it works out right.

I imagine it's possible to convert enough of the gold in time (although maybe not; while there's a lot of places to move gold, there's not a lot of places to move a significant portion of the world's entire gold supply) to get everyone the money they need, but cash or a bank account are far more attractive. Actually, Kinzo probably had time and resources enough to convert the gold himself, and probably should have... but I guess Kinzo is sentimentally attached to it.

EDIT: And actually a country being on the gold standard would make pushing the gold out much harder. 10t of gold bullion is enough to seriously destabilize gold-based economies if it's all dumped at once.

EDIT EDIT: Well okay it's actually more like 0.5% of a year's production of gold, but that's still not a tiny number in actual monetary and market value.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error

Last edited by Renall; 2013-05-20 at 17:58.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote