View Single Post
Old 2013-05-21, 15:09   Link #32356
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteriousLurkerGuy View Post
For all of the problems of liquidating the gold, Yasu is able to turn about five percent of it into cash within a short period of time (less than two years), without drawing significant attention.
Yes, and that suggests she's rather a bit too intelligent to be trying to bribe people with mountains of gold and vague bomb threats, no?

I think fat stacks of cash and secret bank accounts would be a nicer inducement. If she had the foresight to set something like that up, why not just arrange for that with her accomplices? It's a lot easier to buy the adults accepting a role in some scheme if you have a briefcase stuffed with a hundred million Yen and a bank card promising hundreds of millions more.

Granted a bank card by itself is not very convincing, but either cash upfront or some way to verify that the account does have cash in it would be a lot more convincing than a big stack of unconverted gold. If the plan is to murder anyway, the cash is more useful too (steal it from whoever you bought off with it after killing them, take it with you when you leave the island or just blow it all up if you're going that route).
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote