View Single Post
Old 2010-01-31, 18:56   Link #22134
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by luap1138 View Post
Edit: Okay, just read those changes you made to Interlude 9. Great additions, especially the (Jamaican?) merchant.
I have no idea how you'd render it in Japanese, but yeah, he's Jamaican, mon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luap1138 View Post
The player starts out with access to only three routes: Alien, Time Traveler, and Esper. Each of these routes must be played through twice (once for the main route, and once for its subroute) before it is considered cleared by the game.
You don't have to beat the subroutes to get access to Divine, but you do have to beat the main route to unlock the subroutes.

Otherwise, yeah, that's correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnificate View Post
Question: Is considered normal, as in standard design feature, for visual novels to make the player replay the game that many times to be able to reach all possible options? From what I understand in that project after the first three routes you are essentially forced to play in the order provided by the game designer.
We're kind of unique in that regard, I believe. But the game's structure makes sense once you understand the plot, trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That is quite a lot of routes, though.
Clannad has 11, counting the Baseball Route and After Story, and 12 if you count Koumura even though he really isn't anything other than a mandatory bad end.

Moving on... I have this.

Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Memories: Flashes in Space (Melancholy's End):

Please Enjoy~.

TWO. SCENES. LEFT.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote