Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-17, 21:07   Link #20914
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
They might belive than it served well the Venesuela ( which I am not sure), it will work well for them as well.
form what i understand, output in Venesula has been droping every year since it was nationalize. Many of the experience Oil engineers, geophysicst and senior executive with experience in oil extraction have left. With Columbia getting lion share of these experts, which has result in Columbia experience a sort of mini oil boom with oil output growing every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post

Of course, those foreign companies bought their claim to those resources at some point. But typically with those deals, both the individuals in power at the time and the buyers make a huge profit, while the country in general gets screwed. That makes reversing those deals a popular choice for politicians (personal bonus points if they can sell them again later on ).
YPF bought it is shares in repol in 1999. i haven't seen any report of either the president or any Cabinet members at the time serving jail sentence for corruption.