View Single Post
Old 2012-05-06, 23:10   Link #13
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I think THIS quote here sums up what is the problem with the topic on Shounen Action Anime.
It's not about the anime series per se, it's about the narrow-mindedness of its most avid fans.
Let's be fair here. There is always a vocal minority of fans of any anime genre, be it shounen action or moe or mecha(although some mecha shows have lots in common with shounen action) that can be narrow-minded. I don't choose to categorize the fans of shounen action shows in such a sweeping generalization.

Myself, I don't care for shounen action that much and I suppose it has a lot to do with the convenient power-ups in some of the most popular ones or the incredibly bad plotting(like a lot of shows that Yoshino wrote. *stares at Guilty Crown*) or the endless filler. I guess I have almost always felt that way because while a lot of people started on DBZ or Naruto or Bleach, I started my anime watching by seeing Mamoru Oshii's Ghost in the Shell and to this day, that remains one of my favorite anime ever. Of course, the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is what made me passionate about anime and wanting to watch as much as I could.

I suppose it all comes down to personal taste. For some people, shounen action is what they like best while for myself, I prefer slice of life shows or shounen romance(although I do watch more than just that). It's just how I am.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote