View Single Post
Old 2007-02-27, 04:24   Link #180
Aatsuke

Send a message via AIM to Aatsuke
Well, I finally got around to watching this episode. Had to put it off until today due to a busy weekend. Although, with a cliffhanger ending like that, I'm almost happy I didn't watch it on day one.

Quite a good episode.

This has been one of my personal favorite episodes so far. KyoAni handled the revelations about the past quite well. I haven't been this engrossed in an episode of Kanon since back in the Mai arc (Don't get me wrong, the Shiori arc was great, it just didn't have as much of an impact on me as Mai's story did.)

My god, Nayuki is just too cute this entire episode. I especially liked the scene where she and Yuuichi were studying together. Too bad Nayuki had such terrible timing when she was little! It would have been interesting to see how Yuuichi would have responded in any other situation. I gotta hand it to her seiyuu, very well done. On the whole, I've liked her voice since episode one, but ep 21 really sealed the deal for me.

And the ending... Where should I start?

O_o

Very surprising, I felt the episode building up to something big but I didn't expect it to be that. I actually ended up choking on some ramen I was eating while watching it. One hell of a cliffhanger, going to be a very long week waiting for ep 22.