Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-19, 20:39   Link #1994
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi View Post
Since at least one guy has mentioned that he doesn't see many dating questions from females, I am bringing one, even though I have to admit I feel a bit silly asking it. And I'm not even sure if it's a proper dating question, but here goes.

My best friend is teaching me how to knit and she insists that guys love hand knitted stuff, like a scarf for example? Of course she watches a lot of anime (probably more than I do ) So... err... Is this true? Is a hand knit... scarf... a nice gift when in a relationship? Of course, in the case of living somewhere where winter exists.
Well, I'm a guy and wouldn't bee too thrilled to receive that sort of stuff but that's just me. I mean I wouldn't not like it, I would probably even enjoy the gesture, but the gift itself would probably end up lost at the bottom of the closet and I would probably end up hurting the girl who gave it to me because I wouldn't be thrilled about receiving it. (As you can guess it I've been there :P )

So I think the answer would have to be no, guys don't generally fancy receiving such gifts but that's just my opinion so wait for some other responses to get the complete answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimaWolf View Post
So...I think I lost my girlfriend or atleast for awhile.
Somthing happened a few months ago that really, really upset her, and broke her trust towards me for awhile. I thought she kinda got over it, since we have been still together since then, and happy for the most part. But today she said she needed to tell me somthing after her class, and she told me that it still upsets her, that she can't stop thinking about it, and when she does think about it, she feels like she pushes me further and further away from her, and she doesn't want that cause she does want to be with me. She thinks the problem is, is that she forgave me too soon before she was ready too(The next night). So she said she doesn't think she can be with me till she gets over this and it stops hurting her so much...

Not really sure what I'm asking. I guess I'm wondering if I should try not to talk to her as much until she gets over it? I'm pretty mopy and sad, so I don't want to upset her any more than I have too by talking to her when she's trying to get over this...I just don't know what to do. She's been the one texting me, asking if I'm ok, which I'm not but still...I just don't know what to do or think.
I can't really help you there cause I've been there at least twice now and I never did handle those situations correctly and I believe both ended up costing me the relationship eventually (but maybe that was me overthinking things). I just wanted to add that here cause I've been learning a lot in the thread and I feel like I can relate to your situation.