View Single Post
Old 2012-09-09, 05:50   Link #242
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Well I guess the main problem with the show is that it requires the viewer to pay good attention to the clues and register all information that has been given, AND remember them from week to week. A lot will be missed when just casually watching it.
(it’s easy to just ignore the dates and forget just how much time has passed for instance).

Kirito and Asuna’s relation buildup has been quite well developed so far, and this episode is just the logical conclusion. It's just that it was done too subtly for the average viewer.
And sorry for those who thought Kirito was a harem lead; he’s not. His choice is very clear.

Also about Kirito ignoring how he just killed someone, his first reaction does show that he’s in shock (just standing there without saying a word). It’s only when Asuna says she’ll leave him alone that he reacts, because that’s pretty much the last thing he ever wants her to do.

In short,
Kirito: “I need Asuna” > “I killed someone”
Asuna: “Kirito almost got killed twice in a few days because of me” > “two people died”

The later also explains the aftermath. It didn’t “all happened suddenly in a night”. The events of the last days were a trigger for them to come to terms with their relation. In other circumstances that would have taken time, but… this is not another circumstance! They both almost lost what has become the anchor in their life these past months.

First meeting between Kirito and Asuna: December 2022
Murder mystery arc: April 2024
Current arc: October 2024

What do you mean sudden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post
<...>
At best at the moment, Kirito should be orange status now, but not clear if they'll go anywhere with that.
No. Why would he?

It's shown quite clearly that Kuradeel became orange when he first hit Geodfrey with his sword (the diamond shaped thing above his head changed colour).
You only become orange if you attack a green player (whether you just slap or outright kill him, there is no difference game-wise).
Orange players a fair game and you can do anything to them: you will not loose your green status (once again the system does not differentiate between just poking or outright killing another player).

Last edited by don_Durandal; 2012-09-09 at 06:00. Reason: orange status
don_Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote