Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-12, 17:43   Link #26414
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
I don't think I ever said that. I only said that the big fat walrus and his friends have to be kicked out for everyone's good (including China's). And besides, Serbians still kept their ties with Moscow with a new government after Kosovo.
I'd say a far better reason would be for the sake of the oppressed that actually lives in NK. That said, China couldn't care less as long as the NK regime isn't too crazy, it's goal isn't a prosperous NK state, it doesn't want a state with ties to Beijin - it wants a buffer state that's completely within its sphere of influence.

Quote:
Please read my second example about the Six Days War. About Iraq, I was only touching aspects of the First Gulf War (not the Second) when mentioning about how consistent tactical strikes ended up having their toll, even for an army trained with Soviet tactics at the time.
The Six Days "War" cannot be compared to a full-scale military conflict as another war on the Korean peninsula would be, and again, SK does not have the capability of the US military in conducting tactical strikes - and it'd have to be one hell of a preemptive assault if you don't want to end up with a flattened Seoul.

Remember, the Gulf War was fought almost entirely within enemy borders, a renewed Korean war would take place in both with instant devastation.

Quote:
edit: what would happen in North Korea WITHOUT the Kims? Anarchy? I don't think we're even remotely close to that.
probably a military junta in the veins of Myanmar

Quote:
The NK regime had 60 years (!!!) to try applying their ideals, they failed. SK expanded itself into a major economics power while NK kept impoverishing themselves. There was more than enough time for them to think what's best for the country, and yet they were not able to do that. After all this time, I don't think there's any option left when everything NK does is now a threat to SK's national security, as well as for the entire region's national security. If you ask me, we are at last resort.
Sorry, frankly I don't really care. If it's that threatening then the South Koreans should do something about it, and so far they obviously don't think a full-out war is a good idea, probably because they are the ones that would have to suffer in it.

Besides, if just being a threat to someone else is enough, we would also have to declare war on Iran and probably half of Africa.