View Single Post
Old 2009-07-01, 21:37   Link #184
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

The thing is that, because you're doing everything to rip her apart, I'm merely dissecting those efforts and showing how baseless they are. Do you see me pumping her up out of nowhere in these last couple pages? No. Someone comes along, does a hate speech and I shoot it down, then you join in with your part of hate speech. It's only because there's not even an argument behind it, I feel obliged to point out to the futility of them. A character's power means nothing to determine the value of it but still, there are way too much senseless claims going on to ignore.

This I say because it's so obvious:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus View Post
As much as power categories for Regios go, she's among the strongest of her class, that being academy city martial artists. I suppose you don't expect her to beat HB users or solo dragons?
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
The only way Nina has a prayer on beating HB users or dragons, is with the help of Goat-chan. She's not even in the same planet as them power/strength wise.
You understood COMPLETELY the opposite of what I was saying. Maybe you read it too fast as it seems to be a hasty reaction.

I regard common sense as a higher authority than anime rules, but let's entertain your viewpoint for once: Exactly in anime which has chakra/reiatsu/kei/whatever magic-like thingy, people lose them temporarily as they spend it. It's not infinite and it doesn't recover without rest. And behold: Regios kei is exactly like that! See: Layfon, Nina, Felli recovering in hospital after getting exhausted by heavy use of kei. And this kei thingy is used whether or not your opponent is powerful, (for defense as well, you can't take it in the guts) even if there isn't an opponent to begin with. (falling to hospital bed just acting as a cell-phone, talk about weak! ) Layfon uses it all the time against any and all, including those same grunts. That Layfon who one-shot Savaris! True story.

The thing is that, her former captain isn't a newbie, he was leading a team back then when Nina was a grunt. You seem to have distributed the belts to your convenience. Considering that it was 3 to 1 and Nina wasn't at the height of her power back at ep 2, it was just the way it should have been. She got stronger during the next 15 eps and I think the order of things should be clear for the people who watched them all.

Another derail it seems, I thought it'd be over as the season ended. Oh well..