View Single Post
Old 2007-12-06, 00:15   Link #85
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Whatever happens when severe paradoxes in reality pop up.

everything could very well blink itself out of existence, crimson realm and human realm both.
Nobody knows what would happen if a paraodx occured, they only appear mathematically and that's assuming the universe doesn't conspire with itself to prevent paradoxes from occuring.

Suffice to say, that's now what would occur here. Human beings would notice the mass disappearences and panic would ensue - at best, they arm themselves to fight the Tomogara, since discovering the infiltration of such beings wouldn't be far behind discovering the disappearences.

But beyond that "upsetting the balance" is vague, and I believe intentionally so - it could be an important plot point in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
From the description of POE, i think it is possible to artificially increase a person POE. Since POE is bascially connections and recognition, all you need is to make the person ridiculously famous. (say known by 1/2 the world) It will probably require alot of $$ but should be no problem for those with Fuzetsu to make. Once a person is ridiculously famous change the person into a Flame Haze then the POE will be fixed at that value. Then the person existence is erased through the process. Since it is so ridiculous in the first place, it will be easier to normalise and rationalise into non-existence.
I don't understand your logic - how can a person who is known throughout the world have a ridiculous existence? There's nothing to doubt there that would prompt people to shove off something into the back of their minds as "impossible" - like, seeing a ghost and passing it off as a trick of the eye. There's no way someone could be so famous that people wouldn't believe that person couldn't exist.

Also I think you were trying to imply that a Torch could be prolonged if a person became super-popular. There are a couple issues with this - first, remember that a Torch doesn't function in the same way as fire, it's like a container. Or a balloon filled with water, even better (someone said this I believe earlier). A normal person would be a balloon getting filled with water as he/she grows more popular. A dead person would be a deflated balloon with some water in it. A Torch would be a small balloon with a leak - no matter how much water goes in, it'll continue to leak.

But, on the second issue, being a small balloon inherently prevents someone from finding a tap to get water, id est Yuuji found it difficult for people to acknolwedge Hirai's presence and keep it there - it's almost like, if there's a tap, it slowly turns off for Torches.