View Single Post
Old 2009-03-14, 21:59   Link #2291
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
I think you're making a bit of confusion. Three years ago (season 2006/2007) we started Serie B with -17 points, and we still managed to get back to Serie A since we lost only two games and won the rest (thanks to the fact that some our veterans decided to remain with us). I don't know where you got the 30 points deduction thing, I think you're making a bit of confusion with sum of the deducted points of all the Serie A teams. I think it has been plenty of punishment for them, not only Juve has lost a bucketload of money, but the team had to be reconstructed for the most part. Thankfully though, Juve has probably the best youth academy in Italy, and some of the youngsters were made first team players along with the remaining vets. That allowed us to form a good core that got us promoted to Serie A in the 2007/2008 season, we managed to place third, we then played the CL qualifiers during summer, and then went to compete and the current CL.

What's lenient about it? You wanted to completely annihilate the club for sins committed by three men (Moggi and the other two managers)? These people are no longer part of the club and the whole managing board has been renewed. Besides that, as I earlier said we are far, very far from being a threat to any other team when it comes to CL ambitions, and I thought it was pretty much visibile if you look at our team roster. I'd say that we did very well considering all the punishment we received and considering the psyschological after-effect of Calciopoli. The veterans that remained wore their hearts on their sleeve and sacrificed part of their career (Buffon could have easily joined an other club, but he remained with us), they wanted to prove with their pride on the stake that the team (the players) wasn't guilty of anything at all.

Look, I perfectly understand if you feel bitter or if you used to dislike us for the scandal that hit us three years ago, but this is an other Juventus, new and hopefully clean, one that's not even remotely related with that scumbag that Moggi was. Give us a break, we had our fierce punishment, we are recovering from it and we are still far from having fully done so.
i'm not bitter nor do i dislike the club. it's produced some of my fav players of all time and made them into world stars.

i'm not critisizing the players who stuck to there guns and stayed. i respect those players. but, in the end it may have not been the club that cheated but they still benifited from it all. also i refuse to belive the fact that none of those players or staff knew what was going on, or at least had speculation of it. the reason a club like Juve was able to come back from it all is because of the name and the brand. Juve is a huge name in world football. it proby did hinder the club at the start but, as the season went on Juve had players who were far better than the level of B. the difference between the A and B leauge is sky high. that can be said for most of the big leauges.