View Single Post
Old 2009-03-14, 23:25   Link #2295
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

@Shinndou:
i complitly agree with you in that Inter should have been part of it as well. i mentioned that even Moratti had some calls placed to officals. they should not have gotten away clean. i hope the 'special one' does leave and at this moment in time it is said here in UK that he would most likely be the succesor of Fergi. he has a trmondus respect for Fergeson and right now i cnanot see anyone better for when Fergi does leave. that is to say that he won't die at the touchline before that.

don't know much about the dubious calls that go in Inter's favour. hav't watched too many games this season. it used to be on every week here but, that has died down now and when they are on it's just not the same. Juve are doing the right thing in building a base from youth. and it's also true that these days the tinkerman is not playing the youngesters as he should. it was also the case when he was at Valencia. who are one of my fav teams and he just would not play the youngersters. he did't even play Aimer, who was one of there best players.

@Alleluia Cone:
for Ac in my point of view i think it is also because of the fans. imagen if he does not play those players and they lose. it will backfire on him. (similer thing happend in the last world cup. brazil team had to play fat and unfit renaldo, if he did not play and they lost the coach would be in for it.) also i don't know exactly how long Ancelotti has been there but it is a long time in football. i think it's become hard for him to drop those players until they retire because of the probable relationship they have as well as those players with the fans. if the old guys were dropped and they retaliated the fans would take the side of the players that they have grown up with.

as for forign players playing the EPL some of it has been because of the money but, another aspact is that it is a very fast paced leauge which test the players. this is even before all the buying of the clubs. true in that i am a Chelsea fan and i know full well that we would not be playing like we are now if it had not been for the money. and some of the players who have come to the club are just there so that they can live out the rest of the career in good money. but, in saying that we as well as city and united and now Liverpool. with Gunners who might join the party may have a lot of money and be able to buy players and offer them a lot of money but, teams in EPL are still challanging all the big teams.

best case right now would be Aston Villa. they have some great young players that they developed and have IMHO the best manager out of the top 4 teams. and actully Martin O'Neill is probly like the 2/3rd best manger in the leauge. Villa are cahallanging foe CL next season and Everton have been challanging the big 4 for the last 2/3 seasons. becasue of all the great players it has made the lower teams that much better.