View Single Post
Old 2008-11-30, 18:05   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Really? I mean, at least he was the one figuring out what Aureolus had planned for Index (Vampirism), and his probing questions about Aureolus' complicated approach were decisive in leading Touma to the right conclusions. If you ask me, I'd say that this episode showed him in a pretty good light overall.

(And I laughed at his late taunt - first, peeling an apple, seemingly for Touma, and then just snatching it away again to eat it by himself) ^_^
I'm not saying Stiyl didn't do some good things here. But seriously getting your skin ripped off would normally make it an overall bad experience. That just sucks.

Definitely without his help Touma wouldn't have figured things out and probably would have died. Took a lot of guts to draw attention to himself with those questions knowing that Aureolus could do just about anything as a response.

Stiyl is a good guy and plenty of fun to watch. He didn't get much fighting action in this. But interactions with Touma were some of the bright spots for the arc.