Thread: Licensed Cross game
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-07, 11:42   Link #2044
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

So my guess when I watched the episode was right, ep.36 was anime original, but the accident at the end was from the manga. Artistic licenses are fine when making stuff up, but this one particular event seemed a little too important to be an anime invention. A definitely toned down sequence too, the fact it airs in a kid's slot certainly has an influence (in the preview as well), aside two shots of Kou and Azuma, no traces of worried reactions from the teammates and straight to the hospital.

About the selection, as expected from Aoba, what else to say. If I remember correctly, a little while after when Kou had started pitching, his speed was around 130. Aoba now is the same age Kou was then, and can apparently throw even faster than 130. Sort of an ultimate proof that, if she were a guy (I'm connecting to the Kou-Momiji talk in episode 35) she would be stronger than him.

I appreciated that they highlighted the fact that Aoba got number 18, which mad her think about the fact it is the last number for Koshien's bench players. Fate, or cruel irony? Of course I don't want an answer.

And by the way, when Aoba said "arigatou", it started raining here too. It has been cloudy all day, but not a single raindrop had fallen until that moment.