View Single Post
Old 2010-11-09, 13:28   Link #309
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
The bodies were all too far apart for the Konoha nins to realize what was going on and how they could go about defeating the paths. The Asura path -was- destroyed, at the cost of Kakashi's life. Konohamaru got a lucky strike against the Naraka path, but I also think it's the path with the least fighting capabilities (only used for instakill once it's got you, or to resurrect the other paths).
I don't see why that's relevant. The Pain bodies are actually weaker when they're alone. All they need to do is focus in defeating the Pain bodies in front of them.

Quote:
Team Guy was out too, though it would've been interesting to see what they would have done considering that's 3 heavy-hitters in the team.
Rock Lee will fight Zombie Nagato.

Sakura: But you can't fight him! The entire village was fighting and we couldn't him.

Rock Lee: The entire village? Did you forget that I was gone?

Quote:
My point with that was that had Naruto not had Sannin mode, he would've been defeated and that would've been it for the fight. It took everything, all of his powerups, to take Pein down. Even his summons -- Gamabunta for crying out loud -- couldn't do very much.
This has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Quote:
I'll give you that. I thought it was crap, too. I would've liked to see more of that development.
Now we're making progress.

Quote:
To be fair, if I didn't have much interaction with a person before, even didn't like him... and then it turns out that he was the reason a family member or friend's life was saved? It would completely change my view and attitude towards that person. I'd be eternally greatful - but I do see where you're coming from.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Of course he didn't have to. Even Konan told Pein he didn't have to. But that was used for 2 reasons: 1) he did it because he could. He wanted revenge, so to hell with it, let's decimate the entire village. 2) it was needed for the plot, for shock value. It was supposed to emphasize how much of a badass Pein was.
There are other ways to go about doing those things, but this is besides the point. Decimating the village had no long-term effect and it's a weak excuse for explaining why the rest of Konoha couldn't fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Also, yeah, not much long term ramifications. Doesn't degrade the fact that there was short term consequences though.
Yeah, but, you know, you'd think there'd be some long-term result of something like the destruction of the village. And even in the short-term, what did it result in? Naruto being mildly pissed about it? The rest of Konoha not being able to do anything because they suck? Some playful banter from the cloud ninjas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
This is a work of fiction, and You don’t have any basis whatsoever to point out what a character can do on any given situation
Yes I do.

Quote:
as Author himself has not created this limitation you are talking about.
It was stated from day one that a "ninja" can only use as many jutsus as his/her chakra reserves will allow.

Quote:
With Edo Tensei, We don’t know about amount of chakra it takes, we don’t know how much Chakra Kabuto has, what we do know is that Kabuto has the sufficient chakra to make Massive Edo tensei.
Because it's convenient for what Kishi wants to write, but I'm done talking about this.

Quote:
Been able to do a last attack when someone seems to be out of energy, is nothing new to this Manga, and any other series that uses magical energy for that matter. Like James said, don’t pick and choose. Either way, I have debated to much on the matter, Im out
Gathering the rest of your energy for one final attack is one thing, but Deidara vs. Sasuke is whole other level of stupid, even ignoring chakra limitations.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote