Thread: Licensed Strike Witches 2
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-19, 15:48   Link #1096
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

^^ @ Pauldy: I did remember that there was something on the Strike Witches wiki about adding another world witch to the movie, which has got me a little excited, but not too much.

Even though it does have the 501 JFW in the poster, I'd still doubt that they would bring the 501 JFW back, especially after AIC butchered the second series by making Miyafuji loose her power thanks to Shin-Reppuzan (which I felt Sakamoto stole the series in eps. 2) Also while I don't mind some of the members of the 501 coming back, I don't find it all that necessary to bring back the whole crew. Especially Sakamoto, who not only was losing her power at the end of SW1, but also suffered strongly from character derailment in SW2. The same could be said with Minna. Not to mention Barkhorn didn't do much this season either. I'm more into having other members from the other JFW come in as well. But this is AIC were talking about. All they care about is money and pandering, not creativity. Seeing how dissatisfied I've become with Strike Witches the Slice of Life Version (a.k.a. Strike Witches 2), I'd doubt I have high hopes for this one. (Unless I'm proven wrong.)

Also, after reading Shimada's interview via Nyan-Type, I wonder what his opinion is on Strike Witches 2, given his dislike for parodies and references to other shows (which I swore it had.)

Last edited by Jof12788; 2011-08-19 at 20:21. Reason: grammatical errors and relevant info
Jof12788 is offline   Reply With Quote