View Single Post
Old 2009-08-31, 16:47   Link #16
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

2x1gb vid cards are not going to help you with any of that. Those are all tasks for the cpu and dependant on your connection. 2d rendering barely makes video cards work. A single 4890 will support 1080p res. No-one has mentioned overclocking. You have to understand what most people are telling you in this thread - you are going about this the wrong way and it's not going to work within your budget.

You're going crossfire/sli. so you should be looking at an ati 4890/ nvidia gtx 285. 2 cards are at least $500 currently. And if you want gaming performance these are your only real choices. You want 2x300gb raptors which is around $400 for a pair. Plus an SSD which again is $200 for 80gb, A150gb raptor =$180. That's your budget already maxxed out. No bluray, No PSU, No Cpu, No Mobo,No RAM and No case.

Put your anime/multimedia files on a normal 7200rpm HDD. The speed of the HDD isn't of any use here for playback. Why you'd want to put any sort of multimedia on a Raptor I don't understand. The speed of the raptors has a drawback - noise. Forget the SSD - at the price they go for, the speed isn't worth crippling your build for. Buy one 300gb velociraptor put your o/s, games etc for that. A Vista 64 install will take about 20gb. Most game installs are 5-6gb each at most 10gb. I doubt you play more than 20 games with multiple mods. Buy more RAM. You want speed right? This is always the cheapest and most effective way to improve application and system performance.

Also why nuy a black edition AMD if you're not overclocking?The reason they cost more is the unlocked multiplier so they can reach higher and faster overclocks. Save yourself $100 and get the regular edition if one is available
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26308

Last edited by hobbes_fan; 2009-08-31 at 16:58.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote