View Single Post
Old 2009-11-14, 20:52   Link #43
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
.... I don't see the analogy between what's being said here and your example, but moving on.

What you've just said right now could easily be a slap in the face to anyone who had a serious first crush or a bad case of puppy love. Some people maye not have fallen in love yet, but they've still had first crushes, and those crushes can be incredibly real and intense for that person; maybe not as intense as the feeling of love, but it's still something they've never experienced it before, and it deserves credit. The whole point of a serious first crush is to get the feelings out of your system, look back, and realize that those aren't the kind of feelings that make love last.

How can you say it's pointless? For some people, a first crush is just as serious as first love. You can't dismiss it just because it doesn't match your defintition of what love is and what a crush is.
This is a thread about love not a crush. Why is that such a difficult thing to accept? If your crush is has such a massive impact on you, wouldn't that be considered love? Love doesn't have to be mutual, most first loves are one sided.

If I was interested in hearing about first crushes, I would've been specific about it. Arguing over it is completely pointless.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote