View Single Post
Old 2010-11-14, 13:47   Link #130
Lunar Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Very doubtful - most likely no coincidence, but a carefully chosen game.

I'm not so sure if he looked up that report because he cared still a bit about Kyousuke. It could just very well be that he looked it up just out of curiosity, then found out that it's actually quite half-assed, and therefore re-adjusted his opinion about Kyousuke somewhat and decided to help him a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
That's just an unfounded claim by the father which is based on his prejudice, which in turn is based on biased, poorly written sensationalist articles in the yellow press, like that "Sycalypse incident" article.
The claim is totally wrong because anime and eroge have no bad influence whatsoever on Kirino - she's great at school, a good athlete etc.
The answer is simple: both Ayase and Mr. Kurama are brainwashed media zombies. They're of the notion that the media is infallible and what's being reported is completed fair, unbalanced, and unbiased. You can see this by how they simply parrot what they've heard by saying stuff like "the news says this is so, so it's so" and that's their entire justification for it. My mother's like this and so are a lot of other people. There's no independent thought involved in this at all. If either one of them had said, "I find the idea of incest revolting and so I don't like this stuff" that would at least involve forming an opinion based on personal analysis of the facts. There's none of that here. Hell, Mr. Kuruma's helping Kyousuke out is only because he happened to know the journalist involved and the latter had publicly admitted he'd screwed up. That's less helping and more setting the record straight.