View Single Post
Old 2012-05-25, 13:58   Link #9104
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Yes, I don't know about them being Styles, but I's sure that Kikaijima and Akune's sctiks are no skills. Skills are basically what makes Abnormals a notch above the rest (Not-Equals seem to be more like Skill creators than users...or something like that...they are weird and not explained >_>)

It's funny...in my eyes while Skills seem overwhelming at times, I still find that Styles are much more versatile and usable in combat (not counting the God Mode skills like stopping time and so on).

And the problem with Medaka Box's theories still stands: We can speculate all we want, but when it comes to the reveals, Nishio usually goes around and kicks us in the ass with a big Chuck Testa.
Agreed. It seems like Nishio is so off beat that he seems to genuinely enjoy crushing our expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Specials are different from Abnormals because their skills don't rule their entire lives, like they do with Abnormals. Specials still have skills; even Normals can have skills, just that they are not born with them.

The difference is that Normals and Special skills are not supernatural, unlike Abnormals.

To answer your question, and expand upon the above a little, Abnormals are simply born with their abilities, and it seems that while Plus skills have some sort of reality-based, scientific justification, Minus skills do not.
That makes some sense considering how the powers are distributed. I know in Naruto, every has special abilities but the source usually comes from chakra, the internal spiritual energy that ninja use in the series. Medaka is still a power copying demi goddess although that isn't too different from protagonists such as Kenshiro from Fist of the North star or Maki from Air Master. She is still a sue.