View Single Post
Old 2012-05-25, 14:26   Link #9105
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnn, another addition to the Skills thing between Normals, Specials, and Abnormals.

Skills are some that can be learned, a Talent is a 'Skill' that you have inherited due to birth and/or enviornment. Skills//Talents are things that one learns to be able to interact with their enviornemnt on a different level:
- A Normal learns normal skills normally (watching/studying/working at it). The basic skills come easy but they may/not learn more advanced ones.
- A Special usually has a basic skill or two already at Lv 2 so they don't need to stay long at the basic Lv 1 for long, which gives them more time to perfect it. They also have the thing where their special ability only really comes out when they are in the right enviornment for it.
- An Abnormal usually has just one or two skills that are so maxed out, it seems hax. This can usually cause some of their 'normal/basic' skills to lack as well. They are also defined by that skill that they have. Where a Special's skills really come out in the situation best-suited for it, an Abnormal's skill can come out regardless of the situation.

Well, that's my take on it

As for the styles...I equate them to 'systems'. I haven't seen enough to come up with an analysis like how I did for the Skills but it seems that these 'Systems' were made to combat against those with 'Skills'. In theory, a 'system' should work, regardless of what kind of skills you may/not have. You might have skills that make learning the system easier for you but a system should work regardless of who learns and uses it.

Once a 'System' user takes out/disables/'nulls' the skill that defines a 'Skill' user, the 'Skill' user would be at a supreme disadvantage.