View Single Post
Old 2012-01-18, 19:05   Link #2040
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Yakuza visit shinto festivals? One question, how do you become a par tof the Yakuza community?
If you're Japanese ... you're part of Shinto pretty much by definition. The shrines are intrinsically part of the community so of course everyone who can participates in the festivals and visits the shrine on auspicious days and so forth. Even those that don't believe in kami tend to go "just because".

As for marriage/relationships, there are scientific advantages to being in a relationship - for example, one statistically tends to be healthier and live longer. It is (or should be) an emotional safety net, someone to be there when things are rough.

I won't say I don't want to strangle my tsundere-loli wife on occasion (and she likewise threatens me with oblivion at random) but I quite enjoy the perks enough to outweigh the annoyances. Ideally, one's time and space overlaps the spouse's time and space but *doesn't* cover it over. The healthiest relationships always seem to leave both persons a fair amount of their own personal space-time So, for example, I actually only *see* my wife a few hours a day not including bedtime. She has her own hobbies and I have mine - we share *some* hobbies.

This is pretty much what the 2d "fans" are missing. They're not actually *interacting* with *anything*. Now get back to me when we have strong AI robotics (Eve no Jikan, Chobits, etc) and I may have a different answer