View Single Post
Old 2013-05-03, 06:07   Link #99
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Don't be disingenuous. If you had read my other posts on the subject, you would know that I take objection to ALL of the art. The sorceress is just the worst of the bunch, with the amazon coming in at a close second.

The wizard is the only one who looks even remotely close to appealing on a design level.

Additionally, nowhere once did I say that this was a "conspiracy of the patriarchy." I do not believe that the artist is trying to do anything but make money.

That said, the art is still hilariously grotesque and repulsive, and even if it's unintentional, it still perpetuates offensive double standards.

It's okay to sexually objectify a woman and turn that up to eleven, but the man? Nope, can't objectify him at all. Instead, he gets to be a hulking wall of muscle and be an empowerment fantasy!

Seems a bit unfair. Where's the sexy bishonen mancandy for the ladies, hmm? Most girls don't find roided-out musclefreaks to be sexy, you know, nor do they find hilariously floppy Gag Boobs to be empowering.

And ya'll wonder why there aren't more female gamers... I swear, maybe this has something to do with it?