View Single Post
Old 2009-09-03, 07:15   Link #614
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
I think he really did understand everything, he already understood about Beatrice when she sacrificed herself, which led him to dive into the Ocean of Kakera...as far as I remember...where he understood everything that happened on the gameboard (also indicated by every single game flashing by again).

I really do think that Battler understood not only Beatrice's reason, but especially the futility of her action, regarding what he found out...which may be the reason to call her an idiot.
Maybe he found out, that Beatrice was doing all this not for her, but for a special loved one (Kinzou, Battler...maybe the entire family) and that she could have just told him that.

I don't know how far one can interpret the ending of Episode 5 (Tsubasa), but I think it wasn't played at the end for nothing (at least dai and the other interpreters seem to know some stuff).

Spoiler for For long lyrics and translation:

I know it's not always a good idea to take songs into account when it comes to interpretations, but so far they always seemed to fit, when it came to the When they Cry series'.
So maybe it is important for Battler to 'recollect his crime' and remember his own sin and it is not possible to Beatrice to easily tell him...the purgatory aspect of Umineko is rather high, and while Higurashi was about innocent people toyed around by the wheels of fate, Umineko may be about people burdened with sin who work toward their own demise.
Maybe it was not even the fact the the solution is so simple which drove Battler into doing what he did...maybe he found out that his family IS that horrible and that he finds it unacceptable that Beatrice suffered for people like them.
well I think you are right, if I said that maybe Battler didn't understand everything is because I was being prudent, you never know with this story ^^;

The lyrics of the songs are certainly important, think about "senza amore la verità non si vede" (without love the truth cannot be seen), you can hear it in the very first opening of Ep1 and on ep5 it became a central theme.

I also think the lyrics of "yakusoku" should be examined carefully. Excluding "happy maria" whose lyrics are only there for choreographic purpose, yakusoku is the only singed song that plays in the middle of the game, and it plays in one of the most important scenes of the whole story.

So reading both the lyrics of Tsubasa (hope ver) and Yakusoku, you can understand that the sin is all about a broken promise that was forgotten, but for the other party "never changed" for a long time.