View Single Post
Old 2009-05-17, 15:51   Link #327
imogen

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i wasn't the biggest fan of the film. the build up and everything was great, it flew by so fast, but the ending wasn't my cup of tea.

first off, Winry gets shafted. she's my favorite character in the show, and to see her get screwed so many times throughout the tv series and the movie was painful. I got a glimmer of hope when she hugged him when he came back and she hid her tears and feelings, but that all went out the door when she said "he won't wait for me any more."

Then there's just the fact that they went back. i mean wtf. a rather poor decision in my mind. at least say something like, "i heard the bomb went to america, so lets go there." so its a quasi happy ending, rather than "lets go around europe looking for this bomb even though in a few years it'll become a hell hole and we'll probably die." though the movie was pretty historically accurate. so points for that.

the movie also answered my question about Gluttony and Wrath, though it seemed like a waste to see Wrath go out like that. they probably kept him over the end of the series for that purpose alone. kudos to the directors for thinking ahead. also, a shame that Izumi died. she was a kickass character in the same vein as Winry.

seeing Hawkeye and Roy together again was great too. they're definitely a power couple..

well, time to follow the new series and read the manga.. sorry for the thread necro.
...I so agree...the film was ok but i hated it. Didn't flow right compared to the series, winry is gilted and they don't even bother showing her parallel self in other world to give a glimmer of hope, and gluttony and wraith killed off like that? it was rushed and pants in my opinion...I need to read the manga though to see what the series missed out.
imogen is offline   Reply With Quote