Thread: Licensed Black Lagoon Season 3 (OVA)
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-01, 20:08   Link #710
Xagzan

Funimation got the rights to the dub yes? I hear that might mean no Brad Swaile?

Also, I've been mentioning this here and there, but I think it would be great for Funi to just briefly edit that credits scene in some sort of alternate ending, even if just on the eventual DVD release. You know, for those of us who've read the manga and were disappointed by that scene. And really, it's only a few short seconds of footage, and Roberta is either sitting or standing still the whole time. How much effort could it possibly take to edit in an arm for Roberta, and replace that prosthetic foot with a simple shoe? Maybe even ditch the eyepatch and reveal she still has her eye underneath. Can't really give her back her fingers (I don't think) cause that happened earlier in the episode, and was pretty visible. But still, I don't think it would be any trouble for them. Not with how often and egregiously Naruto Shippuden is edited to make it fit on a Disney channel.

Well, I'm sure it's just a silly wish and that it probably won't happen, but it would sure be great. It definitely wouldn't fix all the ova's problems, but giving us an alternate credits scene that didn't butcher Roberta would at least make it rewatchable for me. As it is now, I don't think I could watch it again with that ugly ending looming in my mind. Guess I share Mizuno's sentiment.

Last edited by Xagzan; 2011-09-01 at 21:06.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote