View Single Post
Old 2012-02-14, 10:49   Link #237
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished arakawa and i really enjoyed it. It was one of the most particular anime i've ever watched, together with bakemonogatari; i can't think of other words than particular, or weird. It was filled with freaks who were weird untill the very end and even past it. I thought this anime had some meaning, like "The wealthy guy learns the life under bridge and receives a huge life' lesson" but i was wrong: those guys... were just too strange hahaha. All freaks, even the girl was weird but i laughed so much that it made me somehow enjoy this title. It had the kind of humor i usually seek, meaning a cool guy, rational, logical and with a huge good sense: it reminded me a lot of Kyon of Haruhi. The story was left kinda incomplete, but lately i got used to it and i no longer rage at non-ending animes. I actually no longer mind it.

So well, thank you for suggesting me this title; i seriously don't know how this title ever made its apparition in this topic, it may be just luck, but i really liked it. I'd give it a 9+. (PS: note that i wouldn't have liked such plot if the characters weren't like that)

Anyways, i was intrigued by the novel you suggested some posts above, Champione, and even noticed a topic about it aswell, and it took my interest. I will definitely check it out.

The main reason i skipped Kore wa zombie was because i read/heard somewhere that the guy was always obliged to wear a girl's uniform: i'll make it clear, i do not like feminine men, even if they are just obliged or whatever. I can't bear the sight of a man appearing feminine. Men be men, girls be girls. However, if you can confirm that it's just an easily bearable aspect of the anime, i might change idea, since i didn't watch even one episode of it.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote