Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-31, 05:20   Link #1852
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I don't think they ever intended to flesh things out in the anime.
From what I have gathered, GoRA seems to be taking the multi-medianess of this project for granted, so they just spread out the characterization all over the place.
Since they have other materials to work on, they never bothered to properly present anything in a single work.
They are even using this to their advantage, since not a single material properly explains anything, the audience has to buy all the materials. And it is somewhat working, consider how well the other merchandise are selling.
I am aware that's what GoRA is doing and in fact, I actually like mixed media projects. The problem is that as I have mentioned in later posts, they failed to present the necessary characterisation to the character that were relevant to the anime's main conflict at hand. They did it right with characters like Tatara, Anna and Bla- oh screw it, I'll call him by his proper name, Kuroh.

Anime viewers don't need to be given any more info about them as they already have considering the episode count. We don't need to know Anna's full backstory, more of Tatara's big brother act or how Kuroh got Kotowari. Putting all that in the other medias is a wise choice and like you said, gives them a chance to tell more of the settting they came up with and make fans buy more merch.

What the anime needed was more on characters like Mikoto, Reisi and Weismann. Not necessarily the whole story but definitely more than what was presented. GoRA could do that and still keep some extra juicy bits for the novels, etc. Instead what happened was things like Misaki & Fushimi's little spat being given more attention than needed, and would have been much better off being presented in the supplementary materials.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2012-12-31 at 11:24.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote