View Single Post
Old 2013-08-06, 11:31   Link #4711
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Well English Index wiki seemed to agree with me on the fact that her uncle is Amata and that her cousin or sister is Therestina... they seemed to think it was a definite familial connection.

Gensei even tells Nayuta that he would be happy if she would do experiments just like her older sister or cousin (whatever) did... so... I don't exactly think it's reading too much into it... I'm pretty sure the translation was different at those different points, but the english fails to capture the context...

Either way, I don't read Japanese so you may be right. I am just going off what I read there and what I saw on Index wiki...
Wikia is not something you can just read and believe. You need to take some things with a grain of salt.

First of all, due to her manner of speaking, Nayuta is unreliable narrator. She actively uses honorifics that are kept for family, so it's hard to determine if she has connections to some people or not. Besides, Kihara clan is not bound together by bloodlines, so it makes the situation even harder.

Second, I do not know Japanese so I'm using Teh_Ping's translation as a reference. Gensei's words are pretty vague to me due to punctuation used. So, this point can be taken with a grain of salt as well.

My point is, do not draw connections between members of Kihara, except for what is stated by author as a definite fact. It's confusing.