View Single Post
Old 2010-10-06, 22:30   Link #91
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Liked how the final run out of school actually reflected the girls character and/or provided an continuity, in which I actually learned new things about the characters that I previously didn't notice, if you treat this running out of the school as a race:

- Watching Yui running past the stairs while everyone else continued down the stairs -> Whenever the four girls do something, Yui always screws up first. Whether its losing her voice before a concert, forgetting the lyrics before a performance, catching a cold and forgetting her guitar, falling on her bum before the curtain rises. In fact the very first scene of the first season shows Yui screwing up in getting to school.

- Mio always screws up last; tripping over in the first concert, falling over at the last second in the marathon, leading the run out of the school until the end where she fumbled with her mobile phone. The very last scene of the second season ends with Mio screwing up the jumping DVD cover.

- We know Mugi has great strength(shown by her taking over Mio for the lead at the beginning), but what people tend to forget is that she has poor stamina(shown first explicitly during the marathon, and during the run as she runs out of energy near the end).

- Ritsu was doing consistently throughout the run until Mio screwed up and she had to slow down for her.

- Lastly, Yui may always screw up first, but she pretty much always finish without screwing up, as shown in this race, in the marathon, the fuwa-fuwa time, the concert in episode 20. In episode 3 of the first season her test results went from having to repeat the test to 100. Similarly in episode 9 of the second season her work literally turned from a doodle of Azunyan to very high test scores. Azusa notes that her standard when playing guitar is very low during practice, but shoots up very high during performances.

GMT may be correct when he says that Yui is evil...when near the end of the race when Yui took over everyone she looked at the viewers, as if to say "see, told you I'd win."