View Single Post
Old 2013-01-29, 04:57   Link #510
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
It was about Sai and not his brother.
yea, i get that, but his brother was still boring and pointless i got my fill of sai' s development back when the picture book was explained. no further explanation needed for me. personally, i like when not everything is explained and the reader has to imagine some of the connections that aren't all spelled out in excruciating detail. as for sai being a better ninja now, that transformation just doesnt require ET shin to have had happen. it could have just as easily been one of his new friends that was being tortured or something to break his emotional wall and make him mad.

Quote:
He's not on Sasori's or Chiyo's level. But he had people to help him, not fighting alone as Sasori always did. Also i didn't expect much from a puppet master who doesn't have any puppets, i mean Kishimoto didn't even give him any puppets when he was brought back as a zombie.
he could have though. that made no sense to me. the 7 swordsmen mostly got their swords. why would kabuto even bring back sasori with no puppets? it would be like bringing itachi back without eyes. i did expect a lot from sasori. just think about who he was up against. sasori was a kage level fighter who beat the most powerful sand ninja ever and he cant beat a handful of jounin? even with deidara there too? his first fight with konkuro was like an adult stomping on a 5 year old and not that much time has passed. the whole scene felt forced and unreal to me.

Quote:
But again in my interpretation the way he let himself be killed had to be somehow explained.
like Captain Commando, I felt like I got enough explanation back during sasori's original death. no need to explain every last thought

Quote:
but later when we see the whole picture it turns out that having half or even an entire chapter of fighting between them would be pointless.
the same argument can be said about any fight if all you're looking for is story progression and character development. naruto is about fighting more than anything else. it's a story that connects the time in between fights. when a current kage is facing off against an older kage, i would like to see a fight. especially when there is a deep emotional attachment between the characters. it's father vs son like vader vs luke. would you have preferred empire strikes back to cut the last fight and just have vader's speech and luke's reaction at the end? the fight itself served a couple very important purposes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
To me, resurrection is something quite drastic, and for the quality of fights we've been shown, this was largely unnecessary and simply not worth it. I don't find many of the fights put forth by the rookies very impressive, and that goes for the ones who were even shown in non-trivial fights to begin with.
i totally agree with this. i would prefer a story without ET all together, but if it has to be there, then sparsely. like just the very significant and powerful ones. or just former akatsuki members. a small group would be more tolerable for me
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote